Stories and songs are powerful ways to gain insights about our lives and pass on our truths to others.
Over the years, I’ve facilitated workshops utilising storytelling and music practices that empower participants to discover and express meaning and purpose in our journeys.
These transformative workshops are:
- designed for a group size of 8-15 youths OR 8-15 young adults
- customisable according to the organisation’s mission
- carried out over a period of 2 days to a few months, depending on the participants involved
Participants do not need to have formal music theory or storytelling knowledge.
Sample Workshop Schedule
10.00 – 11.30am (Introductions // Overview // Exploring Transformational Types of Stories + Songs)
11.30 – 12.30pm (Lunch break)
12.30 – 3.00pm (Story Mapping: Uncovering Personal Growth)
3.00 – 3.30pm (30 min break)
3.30 – 5.30pm (Crafting Personal Stories and Songs Part 1)
5.30 – 6pm (Debrief // Closing)
10.00 – 11.30pm (Crafting Personal Stories and Songs Part 2)
11.30 – 12.30pm (Lunch Break)
12.30 – 2.30pm (Crafting Personal Stories and Songs Part 3)
2.30 – 3.00pm (30 min break)
3.00 – 5.00pm (Cosy Sharing Cafe)
5.00 – 5.30pm (Debrief // Q&A // Closing)
- 1 projector and screen
- 1 table near the screen for my laptop
- 1 audio system to project my laptop sounds
- 1 notebook for each participant
- 1 pen/pencil for each participant
- Chairs for every participant
- 1 music instrument of choice for each participant
- Knowledge of at least 4 chords for each participant
At the end of the workshop, participants can expect to:
- Express personal values, insights and purpose
- Learn music AND/OR storytelling techniques
- Craft a creative work that expresses his/her personal journey to others
Interested to bring a transformative workshop to your organisation?
Click on the On-Site Workshop Inquiry button, so we can arrange to meet.